Everyone would like to be the perfect lover and this need creates an environment of self scrutiny in which we worry about how we are performing compared to others. Part of the problem is with the media and how beautiful people seem to appear in every movie and TV show that has a lovemaking scene. Yes, the people you are watching make love on the screen do look great, but keep in mind they just spent hours in hair and make-up, not to mention the professional lighting. In real life, when people finally do make it into the bedroom at the end of a busy day, no one is thinking about “getting made up” for their partner (at least most people aren’t).
Most performance problems are brought on by anxiety and stress. Because we all lead such busy lives these days, and are affected by job stress and even stress at home, it’s no wonder that performance problems are beginning to affect people in the bedroom. Here are 7 tips to help you understand your sexual performance.
- Know that everyone will experience performance problems in the bedroom now and then.
- Recognize that it is not the end of the world so release any guilt, shame or blame you may be carrying around with you.
- Be open and don’t be afraid to talk about your sexual concerns with your partner. They can’t read your mind.
- Learn to be forgiving with yourself and your partner, especially when it comes to sexual issues. Don’t hold grudges.
- Educate yourself about your body and how it works so you will have a better understanding of what you can expect sexually.
- Educate yourself about your partner’s body so you will have a better understanding of what you can expect from them sexually.
- Never be afraid to seek professional help from a certified sex therapist, sexologist or a medical doctor.
Sexual education leads to sexual satisfaction, so if you want to feel powerful in the bedroom, check out some of the courses at www.LoveologyUniversity.com