POSTED ON: Jan 26 2011 •
Animals have taught us some of the most valuable life lessons that can have a great impact on our relationships. From the lifelong loyalty of elephants to the rescuing efforts of dolphins, who have been known to save people from sharks. From the human like touching and kissing to the expressive communication skills, animals can teach us a few things about relationships. Below are some valuable lessons that you can learn from these beautiful creatures.
1. Animals can teach us not to judge each other, not to be preoccupied with disabilities, but to focus on our abilities. You don’t see a three-legged dog or a cat with one eye feeling sorry for itself.
2. Animals are sensitive when we are sick and they offer physical comfort and emotional love. They can make us laugh, forget about our problems and be in the moment.
3. Animals do not over analyze situations; they are not attached to ego, status, looks or success, but instead offer an open curiosity and trust for physical and emotional attachment.
4. Animals teach us to be observant, to tap into all of our senses including our sixth sense.
5. We can learn how to be more committed to each other, to listen and watch out for each other just as animals do when they protect each other from predators.
6. Animals teach us to awaken deadened emotions through kindness, affection and respect by giving and accepting each of these without expecting anything in return.
7. We can learn how to communicate from animals, even without spoken words as their eyes, their body language and their touch tells you everything you need to know.
8. We can learn how to enjoy special moments, running free of superficial wants and desires. Animal play is much more obvious as they run, leap, head- shake, whirl around and thoroughly enjoy frisky behavior without any inhibitions.
9. Animals teach us how to forgive each other after a conflict with true reconciliation, no hard feelings, no pent up resentment and anger, but a kiss and some tail wagging.
10. Animals teach us how to make life more fun by making love and play a priority so that schedules don’t rule or ruin our lives. They don’t watch the clock, make excuses that they are too busy or tired to spend quality time with the one they love.
11. Animals teach us how to relax with no worries, anxieties and stress. Just look at a cat or a dog laying on it’s back with its paws wide open. Watch how they breathe slowly and consistently as if they are meditating. We often hold our breath or take short quick breaths instead of long breaths that oxygenate our entire body.
12. Animals can teach us a lot about patience, compassion and gratitude. Just look into their innocent eyes when you give them a treat they have been waiting for. We can learn to use the same lesson in our own lives when waiting for someone to call or meet us, even if they are running late.
13. We can learn to adapt to change and learn new tricks just like animals. Many people are unwilling to challenge themselves and fear that change is always negative when in fact it can be the greatest lesson of all.
14. Animals appreciate their surroundings and can be fascinated by the smallest object for hours. As people, we often have an insatiable appetite for more, better and different surroundings, objects of desire and materialistic things. We can learn to be thankful with less from animals.
Animals can teach us endless life lessons that we can use to make our lives happier and more fulfilling. What lessons have your learned from animals?