If you are thinking about having sex with someone, but not sure you’re ready, read these 10 signs before you give in to pressure. Knowing when you are ready for sex is a personal decision and a choice that you should make because you want to have sex.
You should be aware that the age of sexual consent differs around the world, so be sure to find out exactly what age is legal before you do anything you might regret. In the United States the age of consent ranges between 16 and 21. In the United Kingdom it’s 16 and it’s the same in India, but in Spain, the age of consent is only 13. Check out the age of consent to discover the legal age in your neck of the woods.
So, when do you know that you are ready to have sex? Here are my top 10 signs that you are ready to have sex:
1. When you know the reason why you want to have sex
2. When you understand your body
3. When you can control your emotions
4. When you can talk about sex before having sex
5. When you can talk about your feelings before and after having sex
6. When you know the other person’s sexual history
7. When you have FDA approved condoms on hand
8. When you know you won’t have any regret after having sex
9. When you know the difference between love, intimacy and sex
10. When having sex is a joint consensual agreement between adults.
Sex is a choice, which means that you can say, “NO”, “Not Now”, “Later” or “Yes”, but when in doubt, do not have sex until you feel confident about the above 10 signs that you are ready, willing and able to have sex.