Calling all mothers to take control and make your special day mindful and memorable by planning it yourself in advance. With all the responsibilities you juggle, you deserve to take the day off from giving to others so that you can focus on taking care of your mind and body. It’s time for you to give to yourself generously and mindfully. Celebrate your special day your way and accept that you are worthy of receiving all the pleasures the world has to offer.
Here are 12 gifts to give yourself that will empower you to feel more confident, secure, liberated and fulfilled.
- Begin by treating yourself as if you are the madly in love with you. Write a love letter to yourself and list all the things that make you loveable including your positive physical features, behaviors and personality traits.
- Put your order in for Mother’s Day breakfast in bed, but be specific about the time and the menu, otherwise your partner or children may just serve you cold cereal at the crack of dawn.
- Relax in a bubble bath with rose petals in the water while listening to your favorite music and let your mind wonder to your own scenic paradise. If you prefer to take a romantic bath with your partner, tell them to wash and dry you, since you are the receiver of pleasure today.
- Unleash your feminine power by dressing in something that makes you feel as good as you can about yourself, whether it’s a designer dress with stilettos, jeans with a sexy tee and cowboy boots, or a flowing gypsy skirt with sandals and blouse. When you feel self-assured, others will perceive you as confident.
- Love yourself enough for some well-deserved pampering by treating yourself to a skin care treatment, hair coloring, cutting or styling, makeup application, therapeutic massage, intimate waxing, brow shaping or coloring, manicure and/or a pedicure.
- Give in to temptation and indulge in your favorite cravings, even if it’s a high calorie red velvet cupcake, peanut butter ice cream, chocolate fudge cake, caramel popcorn, cheesecake, box of gourmet chocolates, milkshake or some awesome cheeses with French bread. It’s okay to give in and satisfy yourself with yummy treats on your special day without any feelings of guilt.
- Reward yourself by buying some new lingerie and negligees. Be sure to have a variety to fit your every mood from an elegant chemise, naughty baby doll, sexy teddy, daring thongs, strapless bra, plunge bra or under-wire push-up bra. Wearing sexy lingerie under everyday clothes can put you in a juicy state of mind and boost your confidence.
- If you have read Fifty Shades of Grey, then you know that it took the world by storm, selling more than 70 million copies, topping best-seller lists. You can bring the fun of the writing to your very own bedroom with the help of a Shades of Grey Kit thoughtfully put together by The Experience Channel. There is FREE shipping on all products including adult toys and lingerie until Mothers Day. No Minimums purchase required at at http://www.theexperiencechannel.com/
- Meditation and creative visualization allows your mind and body to de-stress and re-energize so that you feel more balanced. Integrate breathing as an exercise as you exhale any negative energy and inhale positive energy for an overall sense of exhilaration.
- Every woman has her own signature scent, so treat yourself to a bottle of your favorite perfume or try a new fragrance that fits your personality. Have fun exploring different types of scents from floral, fruity, spicy, woody to musky by dabbing a drop on your pulse points behind your ears or on the wrists.
- Dining options on Mother’s Day range from scrumptious buffets to candlelight dinners, but restaurants get booked up in advance so make sure that you choose a place that serves a truly memorable meal that you didn’t have to prepare.
- Have fun doing something you haven’t done in a long time or ever. You are in control of your itinerary, so make it good and don’t make excuses. If you want to go to a theater, a winery, nature walk, the beach or a boat ride, state your desires to your family and let them know that you have made arrangements to make this Mother’s Day the most mindful and memorable.
This is a great lesson in giving and receiving to yourself because you are worthy of pleasure all the time, not just on Mother’s Day.