Steeler quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger faces accusations from a 20-year-old female student at Georgia College & State University that she was sexually assaulted by Roethlisberger. This isn’t the first time the famous Pittsburgh athlete has been accused of sexual assault.
Last year a woman in Nevada woman claimed that Roethlisberger raped her and she filed a civil suit against him.
I’m not going to jump to any conclusions, but I do think that Ben Roethlisberger needs to carry around with him some of my Sexual Consent Forms and get them signed before he has sex with anyone else.
Below are 10 good reasons to use one before engaging in sex:
1. The Sexual Consent form is a cautionary way for one person to ask permission to have sex with another.
2. There will be no confusion or miscommunication as far as sexual consent is concerned by both parties.
3. Nobody is obligated to sign the Sexual Consent Form if they are not ready for sexual intimacy.
4. The Sexual Consent Form can be a form of foreplay since you get to talk about safer sex and sexual behavior before rushing into it. This can create open communication and lead to mutual trust and respect.
5. You and your partner get to choose which sexual activities you want to indulge in and list special requests in writing so there are no unrealistic expectations or misunderstandings.
6. Women can benefit by signing The Sexual Consent Form even if they change their minds in the middle of the sex act. However, instead of using the words “NO” or “STOP” which have been used frivolously, playfully, and teasingly in the past and are not always taken seriously, I created the phrase CODE RED which will not be mistaken for anything other than “HIGH ALERT,” hands off, you’ve gone too far. You may be interested to know that non-sexual “Code Words” are often used as an ‘Out Clause’ in consensual B & D/Bondage and Domination and S & M/ Sado Masochism activities so that people don’t get carried away.
7. The Sexual Consent Form can protect men from manipulative women who may bring false charges of sexual misconduct for financial gain. Remember that even men who have no assets need to protect themselves from false accusations because they can lose everything including their property, freedom, and their reputation until found innocent.
8. The Sexual Consent form is NOT a rape tool. On the contrary, I believe that it could prevent rapes because most rapists attack total strangers and they are not likely to use a Sexual Consent Form to coerce a victim.
9. As for the argument that a woman can be forced into signing it, I contend that a handwriting expert could probably identify a forced signature.
10. Of course any contract is contestable, including a surgery consent form, prenuptial, or Will. But if I were accused, I would rather go to court with a signed Sexual Consent Form than without one. The Sexual Consent Form would be admissible and relevant as evidence of consent if signed by the alleged victim.
You can print out a copy of the Sexual Consent Form for yourself: